Toucan Flock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates

+5
Edino
Lonin
Perocore
uniqueme
Kaeliah
9 posters

Go down

CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates Empty CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates

Post by Kaeliah Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:26 am

CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates Logo

Spoiler of the Week:

March 16th, Week 1:
CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates 2ykm0ly

Week 1's spoiler features the Create A Guide page. Rather than posting guides and tutorials in the forums, guides will be kept separate. There are several reasons for this, the first being organization. It's easy then to browse through guides, and eventually comment and rate them. In addition guides earn the author's points, the more popular and well rated the guide, the more points the author gains weekly. Guides are approved by the staff to ensure a certain quality standard, but how often they're used or how popular they become is up to the author.

Last edited by Kaeliah on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaeliah
Kaeliah
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Beak Points : 4121

http://www.createadopt.com

Back to top Go down

CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates Empty Re: CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates

Post by uniqueme Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 am

I'm excited![hope I'm allowed top post here...]
uniqueme
uniqueme

Beak Points : 4105

Back to top Go down

CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates Empty Re: CreateAdopt.Com - Weekly Spoilers & Progress Updates

Post by Kaeliah Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 am

Progress Report:

I'm currently updating some of the code and working on the shops you can set up on your site. They're pretty neat but will be difficult to debug. You can have both item shops, and pet shops, and you stock each shop with items and pets. You can have some stock be constant(always there) or you can have restocking possibilities. For each item, you can choose the chance(in percentages) that it will restock. Items that are more rare can restock less this way. When restocking you can also choose how many will restock. If you want to have a standard restock, you can set the minimum and maximum restock amounts the same, but if you make a range then it will randomly restock a random amount inside that range. To prevent a heavy load on the server, restocks are only done once per day, and a restock is ONLY done on a shop when someone has viewed the shop within 24 hours. So a shop that no one visits, will not restock as often.

An item shop can be stocked with items, and a pet shop stocked with adoptables, however you cannot combine the two. Shops are managed in the Admin Panel, under the Features Tab and Shop Manager link. You can edit all your shops, edit or add stock, close or open particular shops and eventually you'll be able to see shop logs to see what items are being purchased by who. Shop logs will only be kept around for a few weeks though, so I will probably supply an option to save your shops logs into a text file if you wish to keep them.

Shops will have names, an image for NPC's or the front of the shop, and a short description viewable. Items or Pets are listed below with their picture, price and # in stock with an option to buy them.
Kaeliah
Kaeliah
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perocore Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:07 am

Wow, sounds pretty amazing, Kae! I love setting up shops on Adopts Sites, just adds a new depth to it...I love the stocking feature! As infuriating as it can be when the one item you want is out of stock, it makes things seem more...hm...realistic sounds silly, but I suppose that's what it is!
Perocore
Perocore

Beak Points : 4153

http://www.bellesombres.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonin Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:24 am

Lonin is just going to sit in this corner and drool for a while...
This all sounds awesome Very Happy
Lonin
Lonin
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Beak Points : 4285
Location : Lonin is a Lonin, therefore lives in a cave >;3 Hehehe. - That's cool :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Edino Tue May 21, 2013 3:28 pm

How's it coming? And why does the page say 2012?
Edino
Edino

Beak Points : 3998

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaeliah Fri May 24, 2013 9:35 am

Might be a typo. Although I've decided to a stage-by-stage release of CreateAdopt. Next month the first stage will be released. As time goes on, further stages will be released. In essance it's a way to start simple and improve. The first stage will simply be creating and adopting adoptables. Later stages will incorporate the site portion of CreateAdopt, and it's many features.
Kaeliah
Kaeliah
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookreed Fri May 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Sounds fun. I'm still waiting eagerly for the site to be released, and I'm sure everyone else it, too ^-^
Brookreed

Beak Points : 4117

http://brookreed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonin Fri May 24, 2013 7:59 pm

c: That sounds very exciting, yay.
Lonin
Lonin
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Beak Points : 4285
Location : Lonin is a Lonin, therefore lives in a cave >;3 Hehehe. - That's cool :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Pteriforever Fri May 24, 2013 11:29 pm

That sounds like a good plan. :3 Looking forward to it
Pteriforever
Pteriforever

Beak Points : 4122

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaeliah Mon May 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Just so everyone knows I am CURRENTLY in the process of setting up the version that I will release. Meaning, almost all of the features for the initial release are complete and I am just currently more or less going through and updating some of the code, cleaning it up and then sending it to the release file. Sometime tonight or tomorrow I will probably set up the release, and start doing some initial testing. I'm guessing by the end of the week I will have it ready to release for beta. Very Happy
Kaeliah
Kaeliah
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaeliah Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 pm

And just to get you guys kind of drooling a bit for the release, even though the first release will NOT include sites(it will include the forums and adoptable creation to start), the manager I'm putting together for creating adoptables is a drag-and-drop.

You drag and drop stages in the order you want them in, and then you also drag and drop color slots into each stage. For each color slot you upload an image of the adoptable. Between stages you select the transition or evolution settings, and then you can also change overall settings as well. Most of this will be done without having to refresh the page or use overly complex forms. Smile
Kaeliah
Kaeliah
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perocore Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm so excited for the first release! Just in time too, I'm getting a new laptop and FINALLY getting photoshop, just in time to test it out and whip up some adoptable templates! The adoptable creation system sounds much simpler than those I've dealt with before! I can't wait to test it out Very Happy
Perocore
Perocore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaeliah Tue May 28, 2013 4:20 pm

@Pero

That's the idea, to be simple. I started really falling in love with some JQuery libraries, so that's what will be powering the adoptable creation system. I hope to use JQuery to update some other features, like battle systems and the majority of the forms on CA so that things are 100x nicer and cleaner looking.

Although it's somewhat sad, I am now on V4 of CA's coding. >.< V3 was going to be released but there are so many bugs I was really nervous. So I'm slowly transferring files from V3 to V4 and updating them as I go. So everything is sort of getting one last update before release. Smile
Kaeliah
Kaeliah
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perocore Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 am

So, how have things been going with this, Kae?
Perocore
Perocore

Back to top Go down

Post by Pear Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:12 am

Perocore wrote:So, how have things been going with this, Kae?
I am wondering this too. c:
Pear
Pear

Beak Points : 4105

Back to top Go down

Post by weweameme Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Derp. :B

Anyways, jus' also wonderin' how's it goin' so far. |'D
weweameme
weweameme

Beak Points : 4088

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down