Toucan Flock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faint Attack

2 posters

Go down

Faint Attack Empty Faint Attack

Post by Knyfe Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:30 am

Sorry, this isn't about the Pokémon attack, if that's what you were expecting. . . .
It's just a story about something that happened to me today--less than an hour ago, in fact.

Today, I got blood work done. It's not a big deal for me (a little scary, yes, but I prefer it to getting a flu shot), since I've had my blood drawn before. In fact, fewer than two weeks ago, I had blood work done to test for mono (which I don't have). This time it was to test for a thyroid problem, probably hypothyroidism, but that isn't important.
I got the blood drawn.
As I was leaving the operation room (I don't know if that's what it would be called, but that's what I'm going to call it), I began to feel very tired, the same way one would feel if you had been standing or walking for about two hours without sitting long for more than five minutes at a time. All I wanted to do was sit down. But I had walked quite a lot yesterday, so I assumed that it was just lingering fatigue.
My dad and I began to walk down the hallway. Gradually blackness began to cloud my vision, exactly how it is when you have been sitting down for a while and you suddenly stand up rather quickly. Normally a headache accompanies this feeling, or it does at least for me, but this time I had no headache--rather, I felt slightly light-headed and even dizzy.
But I thought that this blackness would go away, so I kept walking and said nothing. It did not go away.
Actually, it got worse. At that point I probably would have told my father, but I was so focused on blinking to try and clear the black fog, so focused on walking in a straight line, that I could think to do little else. Eventually I couldn't see anything at all, and that's when I told my dad that I could not walk. At this point, I felt extremely dizzy and thought that I was going to throw up.
I don't remember what happened after there. I fainted, and I was out for about 5-10 seconds.
When I woke up, everything was fuzzy, and I actually thought that I was dreaming. I expected to wake up at any second. I felt very hot and was sweating quite a bit, and it felt like a haze was covering my eyes, like it does when you're half asleep.
I realised I was awake when I got into a wheelchair, and then into a stretcher/recliner. I was feeling somewhat better then, and had some graham crackers and apple juice. And then after about ten minutes, we left, and now I'm fine (but still unfit to go rock climbing today).

So, yep. That's my story. :3 I'm sorry if you found it boring and self-centered and now you hate me. :c
Knyfe
Knyfe

Beak Points : 4112

Back to top Go down

Faint Attack Empty Re: Faint Attack

Post by Lonin Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:44 am

8D Yeah! Lonin has hypothyroidism /cheer

That happens to Lonin all the time (when getting blood taken, not just randomly~). Except things go really white and her ears start ringing. XD Otherwise the same. tbh when it happens now we just keep walking. Lonin refuses to faint, ain't nobody got time fo' that :l
We never got a wheelchair or stretcher though. >:

Hopefully you don't have it. Very Happy But it's not the worst thing that could be wrong. c:
Lonin
Lonin
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Beak Points : 4289
Location : Lonin is a Lonin, therefore lives in a cave >;3 Hehehe. - That's cool :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Knyfe Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 am

xD Yeah. It might not be that though. They want to check because I've been feeling tired all the time. Although, I doubt that I have it, to be honest. Razz

Lol, my ears weren't ringing at all--but right now my right ear is very clogged up >:
I couldn't stand, so I just got a wheelchair, and then I laid down on a stretcher until I felt well enough to walk. :3
Knyfe
Knyfe

Beak Points : 4112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum